Monday 4 June 2012

DAY 7: LAKE DISTRICT 'HELL'

The Lake District over a Bank Holiday weekend - logistically it was a battle that, in hindsight, we were never going to win...still, 7 climbs down including the twin monsters of Hardknott and Wrynose.

In the book '100 Greatest Cycling Climbs', Simon Warren states that if you can ride Hardknott, you "can ride anything"...so maybe I will give myself a self-congratulatory pat on the back - as much for coping with the cumulative fatigue as Hardknott itself. Maybe one day I'll tackle it 'fresh' but being able to ride at a much higher intensity brings a whole set of other problems!

I'd like to say a big 'thank you' to all the shouts of support from drivers, passengers and walkers as I ground my way up Hardknott - far and above anything I'd experienced on any other hill!




 Newlands Hause
 Wrynose Pass
Wrynose Pass
 Hardknott Pass
 Hardknott Pass
 Kirkstone Pass
Garsdale Head
 


No comments:

Post a Comment